January 22, 2005

Most improved pitcher poll


First-time visitors and regular readers are invited to vote for the Phillies pitcher they feel will be most improved in 2005. A new instant poll has been added to the right side of the page.

Jon Lieber, Randy Wolf, Vicente Padilla, Brett Myers and Cory Lidle project to be the starters for next season.

I kicked off the voting by putting a checkmark next to Jon Lieber. Lieber pitched well in limited action last season, but I fully expect a complete, healthy season from the veteran innings eater. Lieber will give the Phils plenty of quality starts, something the Phils lacked a year ago. I also feel too uncertain about the rest of the rotation improving from last season.

Readers are encouraged to comment on their selection in the comments section below this post.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, they are all good candidates to improve. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but I think its the truth. (By the way, I voted for Padilla, but I sort of wish I had voted for Myers, only because if he even puts up a 4.30 ERA it will be a vast improvement).

Tom G
ballssticksstuff.com

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Jason Weitzel said...

I agree, they're all candidates to improve. Which one will have the most improvement? It's almost a toss-up? After the season, I would have said Wolf. But with all the trade talk, which Stark wrote about in his latest column, I get the impression his elbow is a major concern.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Mike said...

If he's healthy it's hard to see how Lieber won't be the Phillies best pitcher. Good flyball / groundball ratio, doesn't walk guys ... if there is a pitcher who can survive Citizen's, its Lieber.

The guy I'm most intruiged by is Padilla: I think we know what we are getting with Wolf by now (good No. 3 guy), but Padilla could still be the Phillies No. 1 starter. This will be a make or break year for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home