April 26, 2005

Grizzled reporters in HD


If my Phillies blogging seems a little clearer today, it's because last evening, I hooked up a high-definition cable box to our 46-inch Hitachi HDTV.

The first channel I tested was Comcast SportsNet, and "Daily News Live" was airing. Man, it looks great, and the show happened to debut a new colorful set yesterday. As a matter of fact, of all the shows I tested out last night – "CSI: Miami," the Mets-Braves game on ESPN, "Yes Dear," and whatever was on PBS-HD, HD "Daily News Live" looked better than all of them.

The ironic part is, of all the stars across the dial I'd prefer to see behind some kind of soft camera filter, it would be the graying, pasty reporters on "Daily News Live." Instead, you can see every pore, stubble and wrinkle caused by decades Philadelphia sports reporting.

No need to adjust your monitor - Paul Domowitch is actually wearing that tie with that shirt.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger That Dude said...

I dont know if I'd want to see Michael Barkann in HDTV lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home